It is with great pleasure that EKOME presents the updated version of the Guide “Meet our Members” (2021), introducing the new members of Europe Sub-Chapter Mediterranean Group of UNESCO Media & Information Literacy Alliance. The Guide, edited and published by EKOME, contains a brief description of each member, their main actions on Media and Information Literacy (MIL) and contact information.
Europe Sub-Chapter Mediterranean Group of UNESCO Media & Information Literacy Alliance, coordinated by EKOME since 2018, was enlarged during 2021 with 17 new members from the Mediterranean region. New members come from academia, regulatory authorities, media organizations, and the creative industry covering a diverse and interdisciplinary approach on MIL. The aim of the Med Group is to promote and highlight Media and Information Literacy through joint actions and synergies that enable policies and practices in the field. It is based upon 5 Task Forces: a) synergies, b) research, c) policies, d) Creative Industries, e) typical education.
New members 2021
- AEM – Agency for Electronic Media, Croatia
- Animateka International Animation Film Festival, Slovenia
- Association for Promotion of Culture and Thinking Sofia, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Athens International Children’s Film Festival, Greece
- Cinemovel Foundation, Italy
- CSA- ConseilSupérieur de l’Audiovisuel, France
- Corti a Ponte International Short Film Festival, Italy
- Croatian Audiovisual Centre, Croatia
- CRTA – Cyprus Radiotelevision Authority, Cyprus
- Cyprus Film Days for Children and Youth, Cyprus
- Drama International Short Film Festival, Greece
- Informatici Senza Frontiere, Italy
- Kids Meet Art, Sedmi kontinent, Croatia
- MED-Media education, Italy
- Media What, Cyprus
- Onassis Education, Greece
- SEEMO – South East Europe Media Organization, Transnational
EKOME’s Guide “Meet our Members” aims at mapping action on MIL in the Mediterranean and encourage public discourse among members of UNESCO MIL Alliance. But first and foremost, it aspires to establish more creative synergies with stakeholders in the field towards development of setting up a systematic action in the digital intermediated society in the Mediterranean region and above.
In the context of widespread dissemination and information on the actions of the Mediterranean Group and its members, EKOME issues in collaboration with UNESCO MIL Alliance, the bi-monthly News Bulletin, with news and information on actions in the field of Media and Information in the Mediterranean region. Send us your news at email@example.com.
See all News Bulletin issues here:
1st meeting of the members of the EU Sub-Chapter Mediterranean Group of UNESCO MIL Alliance
The 1st meeting among the members of the EU Sub-Chapter Mediterranean Group of UNESCO MIL Alliance took place on Monday, January 31st, 2022, coordinated by EKOME within UNESCO agreement since 2018. During the closed, online meeting, 29 participants joined in as representatives of the members – bodies, presenting their actions and discussing on ideas for future expansion of the network. Research, Studies & Educational Department of EKOME activated the 5 Task Forces that the network of 53 members will be working on and briefly presented the actions of the network thus far.