Ο δικαιούχος μπορεί να είναι ο Έλληνας παραγωγός, συμπαραγωγός ή πάροχος υπηρεσιών παραγωγής ή ο αλλοδαπός εταίρος του βάσει της σύμβασης μεταξύ των ενδιαφερομένων μερών. Η σύμβαση θα πρέπει να υποβληθεί στο EKOME μαζί με τα υπόλοιπα δικαιολογητικά, σύμφωνα με το νόμο 4487/2017 και την Κοινή Υπουργική Απόφαση 923/23-03-2018.
For an audiovisual work to be eligible for cash rebate, eligible expenses incurred in the Greek territory during principal photography or post-production phase, should reach at least €100,000. The rebate amounts to 35% on the eligible expenses incurred in Greece for all beneficiaries.
A “difficult” audiovisual work is a single audiovisual work (one episode or parts of one episode of a TV series or mini TV series, a film made for the cinema or for television, or parts of them, irrespective of their duration) whose sole prototype is in Greek language, the first and/or the second work of a director, works having a budget of up to € 500,000, and works that have limited potential for commercial exploitation in international markets.
For this reason, in the tables included in the Joint Ministerial Decision on the investment incentive, there is a specific category of cultural criteria (Table E) that specifies when an audiovisual work may be termed as "difficult", with specific categories on which the project is rated (with a minimum score 10 out of 20 to qualify for the investment incentive), in addition to other tables.
A single audiovisual work is one episode of a television series, a film for cinema or television or any segment of them, belonging to the genres of fiction, documentary, animation, cultural and educational video gaming and produced on Greek territory in the phases of principal photography or/and post-production.
When you apply for the cash rebate, make sure you accompany the application with the following documents:
- A declaration that you accept the terms of the procedure
- Documents pertaining to your company’s operation such as the company`s Charter, income tax return statement, a certificate of good standing etc.
- A production plan and detailed budget for the expenses that will be incurred in Greece
- A finalised financing plan listing all funding sources accompanied by the relevant contracts
- The cultural test, namely a point system-based assessment that decides upon the audiovisual work’s uniqueness in relation to the country
- The full script or synopsis of the audiovisual work
- In case of a co-production, a contract between the partners
A full list of the necessary documents you need to submit may be found in Annex 1 of the Joint Ministerial Decision 923/23-03-2018.